Membership referendums shall be conducted by secret electronic ballot. The vote of at least a majority of all of the Active Members of CMS is required to determine a question by referendum under this Chapter XVII.
2. Member Referendum
- Discretionary Referendum. The Board of Directors may, at any time, order a general referendum of the membership upon any question pending before the Board of Directors.
- Matters Requiring a Referendum. The following matters are required to be submitted to the Active Membership of CMS for a vote:
- Any single capital expenditure exceeding 10% of the total annual budget for the fiscal year;
- Upon a petition signed by at least 10% of the Active Members of CMS or by a vote of the Board of Directors, the recall, with or without cause, of the President, President-elect, Past President, AMA Delegate(s), and AMA Alternate(s);
- The sale or disposition of substantially all of the assets of CMS; a merger or consolidation of CMS with any other entity; or the dissolution of CMS; or
- Any change to the Bylaws that would permit a member of an active Component to be a direct member of CMS.