Medical and Retail Marijuana - Resources for Health Professionals
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) is in the process of developing a one-page listing of important and useful online resources for physicians regarding medical and recreational marijuana following feedback from the medical community on the importance of this information and resources.
Please check back as more resources will be added as available.
- Medical board policy regarding recommendation for marijuana as a therapeutic option
View Board Policy 40-28 here
- See: “Evidence-based studies and related dosing information”
Contains a listing of relevant references including review articles and clinical trials.
- Massachusetts Medical Society – online medical marijuana CME modules (4)
Cost - nonmember physicians: $5.00 - $16.50 per module
NOTE: Module 1 is the best summary of the evidence base of efficacy of medical marijuana. Module 2 is specific to the commonwealth and not applicable to Colorado physicians. Module 3 and 4 are applicable to all physicians.
- Click on: “Scientific literature review of marijuana-related health effects”
Contains summary findings of marijuana-related (adverse) health effects from literature review conducted by the Retail Marijuana Public Health Advisory Committee.
- Click on: “Health care provider resources”
Contains clinical guidance (adult & pediatric), patient fact sheets and other resources.
- Click on: “Education and youth prevention resources for community agencies”
Contains fact sheets, campaign information, effective prevention strategies, technical assistance requests and trainings.
Posted in: Initiatives | Patient Safety and Professional Accountability | CME & Professional Development