Apply to participate in a study on burdens associated with quality reporting for 2018 credit
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (federal CMS) is conducting the 2018 Burdens Associated with Reporting Quality Measures Study, as outlined in the Quality Payment Program Year 2 final rule (CMS 5522- FC).
The federal CMS is conducting this study to:
- Examine clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems;
- Understand the challenges clinicians face when collecting and reporting quality data; and
- Make future recommendations for changes that will attempt to eliminate clinician burden, improve quality data collection and reporting, and enhance clinical care.
Clinicians and groups who are eligible for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) that participate successfully in the study will receive full credit for the 2018 MIPS Improvement Activities performance category. Applications for this study will be accepted through March 23, 2018 and will be notified in spring of 2018 if selected.
Who Should Apply
MIPS-eligible clinicians participating in MIPS as an individuals or as part of a group. Clinicians do not need any outside knowledge of MIPS to participate in the study; rather the study team is interested in learning more about clinicians’ experience participating in MIPS.
A limited number of clinicians who are not eligible for MIPS in 2018 will also be included in the study. To check your participation status please see the QPP Website.
The study runs from April 2018 to March 2019. Study participants will have to meet the following requirements in order to complete the study and receive full Improvement Activity credit. For participants reporting as a group, their entire group will receive credit. For participants reporting as individuals, only the participating clinician will receive credit.
- Complete a 2017 MIPS participation survey in April/May 2018
- Complete a 2018 MIPS planning survey September/October 2018
- The Study team will invite selected participants to join a virtual 90-minute focus group between November 2018 and February 2019.
- Meet minimum requirements for the MIPS Quality performance category by submitting data for at least three measures in the MIPS Quality performance category, as required for 2018 MIPS participation. The data submitted must:
- Include one outcome measure;
- Be submitted to the federal CMS by the final MIPS reporting deadline (March 31, 2019);
- Be submitted through any method accepted under MIPS for year 2 of the Quality Payment Program (2018).
Applicants will be notified by email of their status in spring of 2018.
Posted in: ASAP | LiveWire | Practice Management